Menu
Contact

About

Our History

Wayne William Friedline purchased his first truck in 1965.

Wayne William Friedline, founder of W.W. Friedline Trucking, purchased his first truck in 1965, after 9 years of employment as a laborer at H. W. Walker Co. (A creamery in Somerset). The business name, W.W. Friedline Trucking came from Wayne’s initials. Wayne had always dreamed of becoming a truck driver, so he purchased a used 1960 Chevrolet single axle dump truck and PUC authority from Smokey Spangler. Wayne never had an “easy road” in business as he never completed high school, dropping out in 8th grade. His determination to become an entrepreneur was learned from his coal mining and farming family.

As the coal industry in Somerset County began to boom, Wayne saw an opportunity to purchase a new 1966 International tandem dump truck. This new truck was powered by a 549 cubic inch gasoline International engine. The transmission was a 5 speed main with a 4 speed auxiliary. The business along with Wayne and Carol’s home was originally located on 2 acres of property that was given to Wayne by his brother Elwood.

The trucking company outgrew its original location by 1970 and relocated to 1027 Pleasant Hill Road, where it remains today. A 2,400 square foot garage was also built for repairing company trucks. W.W. Friedline Trucking and Garage began in 1974 when Friedline decided to repair customer trucks. The trucking business grew to include as many as 30 company owned trucks with 80 brokered trucks that were under the dispatch of Wayne Friedline.

Wayne received assistance with the day to day operations from his wife, Carol Friedline, his sons, Mike and Mark Friedline, and his daughters Wanda and Ann Friedline. Mike become a full time truck driver at the early age of 16 and continues full time today as a coal truck driver.

In the summer of 1977 construction was started for a 10,200 square foot addition to the old shop. The business began expanding so quickly that there was not enough garage space for the purchase of trucks or for customer equipment.

In 1979, the company became a distributor for Triangle Auto Spring Co., leading to a direct link for all leaf spring and suspension parts. Friedline continued to expand year after year by increasing warehouse space for more of the springs and suspension inventory.

In 1989, Mark Friedline decided to stay involved in the family business. Mark joined Wayne and assisted him with the day to day operations.

In 1999, Wayne formed a corporation. The management decided to expand the entire spring and suspension end of the business. They became a distributor for Leland brake and wheel parts. W.W. Friedline Trucking and garage became W.W. Friedline Inc.

In 2002, the company began to offer excavation and emergency services, providing all necessary emergency services, from road side rollovers to complete site remediation and disaster relief.

In 2006, Wayne retired for health reasons. Mark was appointed President of W.W. Friedline Inc. The company expanded into laser wheel alignment with a new Pro Trak Laser alignment system.

In 2008, the company joined Power Heavy Duty; a national group that works to help the independent distributor and service specialist remain competitive in today’s marketplace.

Today, the company is expanding the trucking, service, parts retail and distribution, and emergency services divisions.

Contact

W.W. Friedline Inc.
1027 Pleasant Hill Road
Somerset, PA 15501
(814) 445-2193